Sunday, May 25, 2008

Oh my, I have found muscles that I never knew I had! After the long winter's nap, my body was not ready for gardening.....:) It was a beautiful day, so I headed to the greenhouse to get my endless supply of annual color, and made it back in record time to get these beauties in the ground. I look forward to this trip every year, and the minute that calendar page turns to May, I count the hours. There is just nothing more rewarding to me then to add beauty with flowers. I know my neighbors just giggle as every year they see the truck come in just loaded down with every kind of blossom available. Some people love clothes, I love flowers. It is heaven on earth to go out in the morning with that first cup of coffee, turn on the fountain, and listen to the morning sounds of nature, and just reflect. It is my favorite part of the day.

I truly believe in simplicity. It is reflected in my home, my garden, my art, and in my lifestyle. I love to repurpose old things, the wonderful aroma of a scented candle, and music that is soothing to the soul. I believe in the neccesity for quiet time, just those few precious moments of the day that are yours, and yours alone. So grab a few moments each day, your spirit will thank you, and so will your family.

3 comments:

  1. You are such a beautiful person, and already it brings me such pleasure to tune into your reflections. Love the heart planter...and the flowers are beautiful too. Cant' wait to see pictures of all your garden again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Doris! I can't wait to show you!! Walt and I are already talking removation plans for next year...whoo hoo...more flowers!!
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you blog sweety... You so deserve simple gifts!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Your comments mean so much!