Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I Have No Excuse.......

Good grief, I just looked at the date of my last post, and I swear I don't know where the time has gone. They say the older you get the faster time flies, well I am a believer! At this time of the year, I wear too many hats, and really struggle with priorities......anyone else out here with that problem? I am an A personality, and we all know that organization is key to us folks, but these past few weeks you would never know it.


Here is excuse No#1......my second passion after decorative painting. I could literally spend hours outside at this time of the year. My mornings are filled with the birds singing, and the powerful scent of the flowers blooming, and I just tell myself......one more minute.



So I can only say that the lazy days of summer have really put me behind my "normal" schedule, and I am loving it. I have been painting though, but it has been to supply my shops, and to fill wholesale orders. So I really need to set aside a day and paint some new things for my Etsy shop and to show you here. In another couple weeks, believe it or not, I will begin painting and designing for Fall and Halloween, so if you are ready to see some new creations, please be sure to stop back by.
For now though I am headed back out into the gardens........to listen to the birds sing, and relish these glorious days of summer. I hope you can take a moment also to just be in the moment for a little while.......there is nothing more peaceful to the soul.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Jody I so love your garden pictures. I just came in from outside and your post has made me start grabbing up by glass of ice tea my puppy and forget the CELL phone LOL......I am on my way outside again. It is a pleasant cool morning here after rain so I to am taking a few mintues to relax and enjoy mother nature. Blessings to you
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, beautiful garden! No wonder you can't resist the great outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing your garden pictures Jody, and I can see why you just love being there! Enjoy!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much gals! Your sweet comments are so very appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pictures.I spend alot of time outside too in my flowers. This time of year is hard to concentrate on sewing when you would rather be outside. I have a few new garden pictures posted on my site.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flower gardens are beautiful. How wonderful to be able to sit outside and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Honestly, I think playing around in flower beds and gardens are good things to deter us from our creating and crafting. For me, it always brings me back refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jody,

    I hear you on the outside calling your name. My garden beds have been calling mine very loudly! I just look at the garden beds as a different kind of surface to create a beautiful work of art. I can always create when it rains...or at night when the garden goes to sleep.

    Enjoyed seeing your garden....very lovely!

    D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Your comments mean so much!