Monday, May 16, 2011

Happy Monday!!

Good Morning!! Hope everyone had a great weekend......it was cold and raining here so it was a great weekend to get a couple new projects done.
Although it seems we are still waiting for spring, I was inspired to start doing some Americana painting for the summer. I spent an entire day just plannng on what I would like to make for the season, and this cutting board was first on the list.
I have had this cutting board in my "stash" for quite some time, and I felt it was the perfect surface for this new design by Terrye French.


I have really enjoyed dabbling in painting samplers. There is nothng more primitive to me then a handstitched sampler, but I never seem to find the time to stitch anymore, and I seriously need to change that. I am just in awe of the beautiful stitchery I see on all your blogs. For now though I at least got one painted.....and have several more I would like to do before the years end.

So what is everyone doing today? I am going to spend the day in my studio, and then hopefuly see a little sunshine and work in the garden later this afternoon. My goal is always to have the flower garden done by Memorial Weekend so time is drawing close. Wishing everyone a gorgeous spring day wherever you are and as always until next time...........God Bless!!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome as always Jody! Sometimes yucky weather is a blessing for those with crafting to catch up on! Never seen a painted sampler...very nice! Have a nice week ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome :) Well- there's a bright side to everything, isn't there?? & I guess getting to craft is the bright side of crappy weather ;)

    It's been really cold here :( & not very sunny at all :'(

    Seems like the warm weather will never come!!

    xoxo
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sampler Jody!!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jody,
    Love both of them! That sampler is awesome.
    Enjoy your day,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jody,
    Love the breadboard and the sampler. What did you paint the sampler on that you could put it in a frame??? Right now, my brain isn't working!!! lol Really cute.
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun summer design!! I don't think I've ever seen a painted sampler before? That's really neat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Your comments mean so much!