Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hey there Blogging Friends!

I hope that everyone has been enjoying their summer! Although I have not been able to post much lately, I have been keeping up with everyone's wonderful blogs, and boy have you all been creative! I just love visiting all of you, and seeing all the great redo's, makeovers, and decorating ideas.

Since my husband's surgery, I haven't had a chance to paint muchbut things are returning to a more normal routine now, so I am really anxious to get started on some really neat Fall and Halloween items. I decided to move my studio downstairs. I still have some tweaking to do, and of course a room is never "finished" but it is working for now, and I can at least paint and be in the center of things at the same time.





This candleholder is one item I did get completed. I started it several weeks ago, and got a chance to finish it up this week. This is done on a replica of a sugar mold, and I am so pleased with the way it turned out. While I was working on it, I had thought about doing something on the sides and back also, but I decided it would be so much more versatile this way. So after the holidays, if you have a shelf, mantle, or cupboard space, just turn it around, and it is perfectly prim, and can be used all year long.



Here are three Halloween and fall soaps I put together. I have already began selling these in my Etsy shop. As you all know I love to paint on soap, so I am always in search of new things to paint on them. They make the cutest little "gifties" for just about anyone.









Well I am off to do some more fun things for my shop! I have so many projects and so little time....:) My goal is to create a piece a day, wish me luck! Till next time, blessings to you all.!!




8 comments:

  1. Jody,

    So glad to see you are back to painting, which means that hubby is doing better. Love the sugar mold and your soap always bring a smile to my face. Now get your brushes moving, girl!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ...I love them all ! Your painting are soo beautiful. I'll loink you in my blog. If you want you're welcome to visit my blog as well.
    Hugs from Italy.
    simona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jody,
    I really love the way you painted that sugar mold.. where do you find your prim patterns or do you create them yourself? I have not had much luck finding books or patterns of the prim items to paint. That witches boot is adorable, so are the pumpkins.. and I love what you do with the soaps too. Great job!
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your painting Jody!! Hope that hubby is getting better and better with each passing day!! Take care girl!!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb,
    I use allot of Terrye French, she is fabulous! Some I have created myself, but this particular design is hers. Thanks for such nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jody, I'm so glad your hubby is on the mend and doing well! I love the candleholder and those soaps are too cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sugar mold......I love Terrye French patterns too. You do beautiful work. Please come visit me at Painting Thyme Needfuls to see what I'm painting!
    Blessings,
    Lynn
    http://paintingthymeneedfuls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sugar mold is to die for. If you ever decide to make another one to sell I would so buy it! Seriously!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Your comments mean so much!